Thursday, November 23, 2006

Home, Sweet Home

OK...finally, I have taken a few shots of the house. More to follow, but these should be enough for now.

So my place is a renovated shophouse in Little India district of Singapore. I have the second and third floors, and an import/export holding 'room' occupies the ground floor.

Not the most desirable location due to its busy and bustling feel. But I think its quite cool. On a Sunday, the indian migrant workers (labourers) have the day off and descend on Little India. Its madness. Upto 300000 people cram into the area to eat, drink, pray and catch up with their mates. Sometimes this can be a bit annoying! But mostly its quite OK.

Singapore's only 24hr department store is around the corner, which is hella convenient. Ha, I said 'hella'!!

I have about 8 indian eating places within 60 paces from my front door. Theres a 7-eleven convenience store 2 minutes away, an MRT (tube) station about 5 minute walk away and I'm about 5 minute cab ride from City Hall/Raffles Place.

Whilst lacking in the mod-cons of a condominium, the price is great, the location is cool and it suits me fine :) Still a little sparse, or I think the interior designers call that 'minimalist', and I'm yet to get artwork for the walls, but is progressing nicely!!

Here are the pics.

Stairwell leading down to my front door at street level. This is a private access stairwell. And Zao loves to hang out down here!!! Dont ask me why, but he does.


Um, Bedroom!



Loungeroom

Loungeroom...


guess where this is? No? Loungeroom!

Will get some more of the whole place up n online soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. It's very you. But where's the infamous spiral staircase. And more importantly, where's the scamps?!

SR said...

Been a bit on the busy side lately, but will get some photos up this weekend. With the scamps and the stairs!!