Monday, November 13, 2006

Jet Lagged

So, its 6:15am on a Monday, and I havent slept overnight. My body clock is all outa whack and its been 4 days since I got back from Europe.

I had a great trip out to London last week.

Both professionally and personally had a great time. Met with a few design firms that service one of my clients through Europe.

Shared some great ideas and came back with many an action point!!!


I also met with Nikkei Business Publications representatives and have been invited out for dinner in Tokyo when I'm up there towards the end of December :) Free dinner...woohoo!!

I had an opportunity of catching some friends that I hadnt seen for sometime and a BIG bonus was the treat to get out to Fulham vs Everton @ Craven Cottage...a big treat for a soccer nut!!
The game ended in a loss to the toffees, but hey, I got in a game :)

After the game spent an hour or so wandering along the Thames in Fulham. What a beautiful part of London. And the weather was fantastic.

Saturday afternoon was spent catching up with more friends and colleagues, and Saturday night was spent preparing for Monday meetings.

On Sunday I went and ran around a bunch of the sights of London. Regent Street, Apple Store, Piccadilly Circus, Nelsons Column, National Gallery, Covent Garden,
Harrods and everywhere inbetween. After that, it was an early dinner, followed by a pint in the pub with a few colleagues, and finished with prep for Tuesday's meetings. (and a night of work for a Singapore client :( )

Here are a few photos from the whistle stop tour of London.


This sign was a few hundred metres up the road from my hotel, right near Russell Square - the site of the London Terror attacks in 2005. When I last lived in the UK, I spent quite a bit of time in this part of London, but it really hit home that Russell Square, the tube station and the surrounds were significant parts of my life back then...this combined with missing the second Bali bombings by a few days really made me sit back and think.


A beautiful cold dusk in London, looking towards Harrods. That store is AMAZING!!!
I bought my Mum's and sisters birthday presents in there. And the wrapping service was awesome!!



A true national treasure. I could have spent the week in the National Gallery. Sadly a few hours had to do.


The Apple Store in Regent Street. Wanted to see an official Apple Store, and it didnt disappoint!!! Bought a Nike+ sports kit as its not available in Singapore yet. Its absolutely awesome.




OK...best I try and get an hour or two in before work or I'll be a grumpy bugger at work today.

No comments: