Sunday, July 09, 2006

'Housekeeping!!' & House Hunting

Had a great sleep in. Slept like a log.
That is one thing about hotels...the rooms are soo dark, the curtains so heavy and the walls so thick that its so easy to sleep...until 'BING BONG.....housekeeping'

"What do you think that sign means? 'DO NOT DISTURB' ?"

So, woke up, watch some crap TV, some show...forget now. And then went to gadget heaven....The Funan Centre.
Oh boy! If you like your gigabytes and flashing LED's you'll drool. Its 6 floors of IT products and stuff!!! And a superstore (like an IT only Kmart) on the top floor! I wasnt looking for anything in particular...its just nice to see massive LCD panels and think, 'ooo, I could do with one of them!'


Went and had coffee @ Spinnelli's @ Raffles City, (great coffee) and generally hung out in the mall. Its a Singapore thing! Mall-rats abound. Sure beats hanging outside in 90% humidity and 30 degrees C.


Had a report to write for a client in Hong Kong, so hit the office around 5 and got back to the hotel around 10:30.

Cruisy weekend. Bit of work, bit of wandering. Little bit of gym, dinner treat and generally slothed.

This week I put all my
Employment Pass paperwork through. This will allow me to sign up for an apartment, leave and enter the country and generally settle in more.

I've been looking into condos and townhouse...the two options of choice for me.

The Arris Condominiums are supposed to be awesome and very sought after.
Townerville is kinda the front runner though. Its a number of streets with colonial style townhouses. Just seems to feel more 'right'...more space, less dense living. But its a 10-15 minute cab to where the pub/club/restaurant scene is. But hey...I cook, and I can buy beer! (and I get to have my own BBQ, that I dont have to book two weeks in advance!)

Just watching the Wimbledon mens final. Its looking like a good match. Federer up 2 sets to 1.

The MAIN EVENT starts in a little under 2 hrs. The World Cup Final. "Alez les Bleu"
Would be awesome if 'Zizou' scores a rasper in his last ever game. What a way to retire from your profession.

OK. Must have a snooze before the match. Not going to bother going out to watch it. Will set the alarm and watch from bed. Have an early meeting tomorrow, so play safe and stay home!!

On a sombre note; my sister Nicola's friend's mother died of a cancer related complication yesterday. My condolences to your family Kathy. My thoughts are with you.

No comments: