Saturday, August 19, 2006

Chinese Cooling Water & Seafood Twisties!!

So I was wondering around Singapore and sweating like you wouldnt believe. Good exercise, but I really needed something to rehydrate.

So popped into a chinese deli. I obviously went straight for the Gatorade bottle, 1 litre. But a small chinese man walked over, took hold of the Gatorade and mumbled something, put it back and grabbed me this!! Three Legs Chinese cooling water!! Isn't the 'normal' water kinda cooling anyway?

So I read the stickers to find some information on it. My mandarin hasnt improved much! The guy at the shop couldnt really communicate what it was. So I thought, eh! When in Rome. Tasted a little like chalk and water...nope, never had chalk and water before but you know!!!

Did it work? I'm not really sure. I was happy to have had a drink, and yes I was cooler! but I dunno! So I did some research and found these articles. Quite interesting.

Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Halls are everywhere, as you'd expect.
I havent given em a go yet, but I'll take some photos and post em.

I've found all sorts of strange and bizzare products.

Like Seafood Twisties...called Seafood Suprise...boy oh boy! The only suprise was that I didnt vomit. But I'm one for trying new foods! I also found a classic eating house...well, classic name. Who the hell names these places?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only surprise was that you didn't vomit.... hahahaha you make me laugh and laugh! The funniest thing of all is that I actually had those twisties last time I was there and I almost hurled too! Remember those chips that they make with icing sugar on them? I double dare you to give them another go!

SR said...

EEEEEWWWWWWW!!! Those chips SUCKED. I mean what the fark is that about? Icing Sugar and potato?
Heading to UberBurger with Melvos tonight. Only so many $3 laksa one can eat ;)