Friday, August 11, 2006

Happy Birthday

Now I've used computers since, well, since Spectrum ZX-81 and also slightly before, at school, the BBC Acorn and I seem to have a distant memory somewhere of a calculator looking thing with a small 'green screen' bolted on the side.

But when I read this headline it kinda stopped me in my tracks.
The PC turns 25

WOW!! It is quite incredible the level of progress in computing that has occured over 25 years. Both style, and power.

It seems like such a long and short time all rolled into one.
At risk of sounding like a geek, cos I'm not!!!...well, nowhere near as close to geek as some people I know ;) I was thinking when reading this article 'What is/was my favourite computer?'

I'm a big fan of the Apple 'Snow' iMac and the 'lampshade' iMac was amazing. But....hands down, not for speed or extreme power, the Apple Cube with flat panel ROCKED! ok...maybe a little bit geek!! but only a little bit. And now for the sports desk... ;)

No comments: