Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Studio

Driven by popular demand, here are some shots of the Studio, the place where I work. Its on the second floor of a Shophouse which is quite typical in Singapore.
The format (as you can see) is long but narrow, wooden floorboards and its kinda cool! We have 5 fulltimers (soon to be 6) plus a bunch of suppliers
We're on Duxton Road, on which we have a 7-Eleven, A French creperie, a Thai Massage Parlour (no, havent lah!), a Web dev firm and about 40 KTV pubs!! Yes, thats 40! These KTV pubs kick off around 4:30pm and close @ 3am, 7 days a week.

Towards the backend of a working day, it can get painful. Strains of Barry White, or Celine Dion (god I hate that Titanic song) eminate from these small bars, and make their way up through the floorboards. I must I must get those noise cancelling headphones!

I havent been to one of these bars/pubs yet (nor last time living in Singapore), but from what I understand, the girls (SPG's) work on drink commissions. So, whilst you think hey hey, she likes me! she might, but most likely is that she likes the 7 bucks a drink she's earning...upto 28 bucks an hour isnt bad money! Tax Free! I have been also told that for further $$ you can 'extend international relations'. I'm confused!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice place~!